Feedback Thoughts

 1. Seven Ways to Crush Self Doubt in Creative Work http://www.spencerauthor.com/seven-ways-to-crush-self-doubt/

I loved reading this article because self-doubt is something I struggle with all the time. I think the first way Spencer suggested 'Don't Compare Yourself to Others' is a great suggestion. Although it is easier said then done, it is definitely the first step towards not having self-doubt. I also liked number 5 'Set Goals that are Within Your Control.' This is something I've really been working on personally this year, focusing on what things I can control other wise I will go crazy trying to fix the things I can't. 

2. Why's It's So Hard to Hear Negative Feedback https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/26/smarter-living/why-its-so-hard-to-hear-negative-feedback.html

I am the worst at receiving feedback, especially from someone who is older and has a position of 'authority' over me. I always take it personally and get discouraged, but this article did a good job of how important it is to remind yourself that negative feedback 'will ultimately lead to self-improvement.'



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to My Life

Week 5 Story: Ramsey Bolton and Theon Greyjoy