Reading Notes: Week 2: Anthology

 Eastern Stories and Legends by Marie L. Shedlock (1920)

The Hare that Was not Afraid to Die

https://sites.google.com/view/mythfolkloreanthology/origins?authuser=0

Just in the past few years I was able to see 'The Rabbit on the Moon". I go back and forth with my boyfriend all the time when I see it because he doesn't. 

I have never heard a story of why there is a 'rabbit' on the moon so that's why i choose it as my favorite. I'm sure there are multiple stories of why we see this rabbit. I've always wondered if it was more the human brain wanting to see life on a place where, as far as we know, there isn't life. 



  • This image identifies the rabbit in the moon. 

Rabbit in the Moon

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to My Life

Week 5 Story: Ramsey Bolton and Theon Greyjoy