Storybook Favorites

 Nursery Rhythms: What Really Happened

This title was the first one to jump out at me. As a kid you hear all the common nursery rhythms that seem so innocent, but as you get older you find out that they weren't so innocent after all but that there was a lot more to the story. It's kind of like in all kids shows they put adult humor or inappropriate jokes that you never got as a kid and just blew it over, but when you re-watch it as an adult... you find the authors/writers sneaky ways to make adult humor in their stories.

https://sites.google.com/view/nurseryrhymesremastered/home

Alexa, How do I Get to Canterbury?

I love this because it starts with a title that is so realistic to our modern day life. 'Alexa' this 'Hey Google' that, it's our world. To turn it into a title and story, love that. Simple but on point and relevant. He had me captivated by his title but lost me with all the words in his stories I felt it 'General Prologue' was too. In an introduction it should be short and sweet so it captivities the read to want to keep reading more. I felt all his sections were too lengthy, but it also shows he was passionate about what he was writing which is always nice to see. 

https://sites.google.com/view/talesonatrain/home

Welcome to Hell.

Another storybook I love! When I think of storybooks, I think of children's stories/tales, but this is so much more. The author of this storybook really got into his story, he wrote " Hell is not a place, but rather a state of mind. Our immoral actions do not send us to a horrible place when they die. They build up hell within reality with the consequences of their immoral actions." I love the way he worded this. It is exactly how I feel, written in words I was unable to say. 'A state of mind.. our immoral actions' what a great choice of words.



Little Rabbit Foo Foo: Rosen, Michael, Robins, Arthur ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to My Life

Week 5 Story: Ramsey Bolton and Theon Greyjoy