Week 6: Story: The Wisdom of Jon Snow

The Wisdom of Jon Snow

Tormund, fierce warrior and leader among the Wildlings and Mance Rayder, King Beyond the Wall, were having a drink out by the fire one night and the subject of Jon Snow came up. Specifically, they started aruging about whether Jon Snow would be worthy to join the Wildlings one day or not.

"Jon Snow is a good man." said Tormund. "In fact, I would say that Jon Snow would make a great leader one day, better than the current prospects we have." 

"What makes you say so?" asked Mance Rayder. 

"Jon Snow comes from the North but gave his life for the Night's Watch, but here he is with one of our top warriors, Ygritte, I believe he would dedicated his life to the poeple of the Wildings if given the choice. In all the stories I have heard of Jon Snow, he has always another load in addition to what he carries. Most people, on the other hand, no matter how little the load they are caring, would never be eager to take on new obligation and responsibilities, but Jon Snow is." replied Tormund

"I was once a man of the Night's Watch and there is a reason I now walk among the Free Folk, I just question if Jon Snow is ready. It is not an easy switch.

This is not a painless group to join into as an outsider, despite what some might think." laughed Mance Rayder. 

Author's Note:

I started with the story of 'The Wisdom of the Camels' which talks about Nasruddin having a conversation/argument with his friends about if Camel are intelligent or not. Nasruddin argued that camels were intelligent and his friend argues that they are not. 

I took this and transformed it into Game of Thrones by making it about the Wildlings and Jon Snow, who is, from the outside, a completely different bread then the Free-Folk, raised to be enemies rather than companions and/or friends. 

Bibliography 

Wisdom of the Camels: https://microfables.blogspot.com/2020/04/the-wisdom-of-camels.html

  


Comments

  1. This story was very interesting to read! I also like how you made it short but did not suffer any loss of content. One thing I did notice is you said "would dedicated" and I think you meant to insert "have" in between the two words. If not maybe I just read it incorrectly. Overall, this was a really good story and I enjoyed reading it! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nicole! I thought your story was really cool! I liked the Game of Thrones twist on it, and even though I've never seen GOT, I felt like this was an easy read. The only notes I have are to check grammar - it's easy to accidentally put a period where a comma should be and vice versa. Also the author's note could be expanded on a bit more, but other than that, really fun and great read!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to My Life

Week 5 Story: Ramsey Bolton and Theon Greyjoy