Week 7: Story: Bronn and Jamie's Sword Made of Valyrian Steel

Bronn and Jamie's Sword Made of Valyrian Steel

Bronn of Blackwater and Jamie Lanster were traveling up to the North Kingdom to deliver a message from Casterly Rock. Bronn and Jamie have been long time friends so Jamie asked Bronn to make this delivery with him as he knew winter would be coming soon. Jamie recently inherited the most powerful sword in all of Westeros. This sword in known to only have three in existence as it is made with Valyrian Steel. Valyrian still is one of two things that can kill White Walkers. He kept this sword on his tided to his hip and was always watching behind his back. Dragonglass is the other only thing that will kill White Walkers. This sword was a sword many wanted. 

"Will you give me your sword made of Valyrian Steal?" asked Bronn

Jamie said no.

"Can I buy it from you?" 

Then Bronn said, "You know there's a big storm coming. A real big winter storm. You better drink some ale to keep warm. And I will join you!"

"Let's drink!" said Jamie. 

Bronn filled Jamie with so much ale he could no longer walk straight, but was having the night of his life. He soon was unable to hold his head up any longer, so he fell right into a deep sleep. Just as Bronn had planned... Bronn waited until he was positive Jamie was asleep, when he was sure, he carefully tied Jamie up to the tree he was sleeping on. Then he slowly took his sword from out under Jamie. 

Jamie slowly began to wake up. 

"When is that storm coming?" asked half asleep Jamie. 

"No storm." said Bronn. "I just needed your sword made of Valyrian Steel."

Bronn took off on his horse, headed to the North, leaving Jamie behind tied to the tree.  

Author's Note: 

Starting with the story, Anansi and Tiger's Mango-Tree. I loved how this story's character was so cunning, smart and witty. As always there was so many characters i could have chosen but there was a plot from GOT that fit 'perfectly' into this story so I chose two different characters who had a relationship in an unusual way and carved it into the original story. 

Biography: Anansi and Tiger's Mango-Tree https://microfables.blogspot.com/2020/05/anansi-and-tigers-mango-tree.html





Comments

  1. Hi Nicole,

    First off, I thoroughly enjoyed the references that you made regarding Game of Thrones! I am a HUGE fan of the series, well, except for the last season. We don't need to talk about that. Anyways, due to such knowledge, I am fully aware of the character traits that you are expressing regarding Bronn and Jamie. Jame is always play-by-the-book type of guy, whereas Bronn is the cunning and the type to always cut corners in order to get the things that he wants. In which case, the GOT references completely made sense to me. I do think that an improvement could be made by extending the dialogue between the two characters for a bit longer to fully immerse the readers! Otherwise, this was a fantastic read. I look forward to reading more from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nicole!
    I loved reading this story because I am a huge game of thrones fan! I watched the entire series and loved every bit of it so I applaud this story. I like how first Bronn asked Jamie if he could pay for the sword and Jamie said no so Bronn had to think of another way to get it. I think it was very clever how Bronn tricked Jamie into drinking the ale to have him get drunk and then steal the sword.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Introduction to My Life

Week 5 Story: Ramsey Bolton and Theon Greyjoy